Friday, April 27, 2007

Reasons To Be Cheerful: week of 04/27/07

1. Daniel Craig's performance in 'Infamous'. A Bond that won't be typecast.

2. Seems like there's always a promising-looking stupid fun comedy on the horizon, bound for a theater near you. Y'know, matinee material. Two-for-one rental fodder. The heavy gravity in the Wilson brother-Will Farrell-Ben Stiller vortex seems to keep sucking in more members and spawning more variants. The last set of previews I saw, it seemed like every one of them was "...from the people who brought you 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin'. I'm okay with all of that, and it's good to see Seth Rogen getting more work.

Speaking of which, for a wee chuckle, check out the Will Ferrell movie generator.

3. You *can* teach an old dog new tricks, and there's always something new to learn.

4. To expand on that last one, if I may share one of my personal Reasons To Be Cheerful this week; it would have to be the reception this blog is being given. It's all new to me. People all over the world have been visiting, I'm getting comments, sites are linking to it, and as of today the blog is only one month old. I'm having big fun doing exactly what I enjoy - - sharing fun crap - - and it looks like I've finally found the perfect excuse to keep actively learning new tricks with the net and assorted software. Maybe the blog should be titled 'I'm Sharing To Learn'. So thanks for visiting, and thanks for your indulgence!

No comments:

Freshly-stirred links