Friday, June 1, 2007

78s fRom HeLL: Ziggy Talent - I Ain't Gonna Take It Settin' Down

Ziggy Talent was a saxophonist and novelty vocalist who performed with Vaughn Monroe's big band throughout the 1940's and into the early '50's. On stage he'd often go on with just the band's rhythm section while Monroe and the rest of the orchestra would take a break.

He put his odd, high-pitched and reedy singing voice to good use on several goofy songs over the years, both with Monroe and on his own, including 'Sam, You Made The Pants Too Long', 'The Maharajah of Magador', 'Josephine, Please No Lean On The Bell', and 'Please Say Goodnight To The Guy, Irene'.



Looks like this record was released in the late 1940's, and I'll assume for now that 'The Talented Ten' included members of the Vaughn Monroe Orchestra.









Listen to:
Ziggy Talent and his Talented Ten -
I Ain't Gonna Take It Settin' Down

(click for audio)

3 comments:

www.fondationtanagra.com said...

This is a serious question; was Ziggy Talent homosexual? He seems very gay. Does anyone know? Please let me know, thanks FT

Tyler Hollis said...

I'm his Great Grandson, I assure you HE WAS NOT GAY!

Anonymous said...

Tyler, my mom is 88 years old and to this day sings "My Hot Tamale Went Chilly on Me" every now and then. Just thought you might like to know.

Freshly-stirred links