Friday, June 15, 2007

Reasons To Be NOT SO Cheerful: week of 06/15/07

1. A thankfully mild case of food poisoning. Enough to keep me busy all night and listlessly whimpering the past couple days.

(hydration, hydration, hydration)

- - and danged if the culprit doesn't appear to be one of my very favorite local restaurants! Shucks...

I'm *relieved* that I appear to be on the mend, but I guess I can't go so far as to say it makes me cheerful.

The weird, feverish mind-set has been interesting, though.

I'm certain there are many reasons to be cheerful this week, but for now they're just a bit beyond my grasp, y'know?

Here's a link to another very apt image on the subject, from photographer Katharine Tillman.

(FOLLOW-UP 6/16, The Day After: THANKS for your notes and good wishes. MUCH better today, thanks again. Sleep and more sleep, water and more water, all the bad bodily humors flushed out of my system. I have an appetite again, and it affords me a good opportunity to be more vigilant about what I put into my body. We'll see how long that lasts...)

2 comments:

swankola said...

hope you feel better soon.

MrBaliHai said...

Food poisoning really sucks. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Freshly-stirred links