Monday, July 30, 2007

NOT Comic-Con '07: Off to the Balboa Park Botanical Building for a break in the madness

As of this writing, the big funny-book convention has ended for another year.

On Saturday, during the most crowded and hectic portion of the show, I took off to enjoy a palette-cleansing interlude at the Botanical Building in San Diego's Balboa Park.

There was such an overload of visual input at the convention center. It was a treat to breathe and let my eyes rest on some different stimuli. To say nothing of seeing sights that don't exist at home. That's vacation.

Then I started playing with my camera, and had fun taking closeup photos of the beautiful plants in the Botanical Building.

I was trying to steer clear of taking snapshots, and concentrated more on just capturing small arrangements of patterns, textures, colors and shapes that would bounce around in my head for a little while.

Here are some of the results of the pictures I took...

No comments:

Freshly-stirred links