Thursday, March 27, 2008

"So, How Old Is That In Blog Years??"*

Today I'm proud to announce that it was one year ago on this date that I posted my first blog entry on 'I'm Learning To Share!'.

That was when I grabbed a nearby jpeg to upload, wrote a few quick lines and posted it all as an initial attempt to figure out how this particular flavor of
e-soterica functioned.

The next few days and weeks were all about attacking the learning curve, as I picked up new skills on the fly and began dragging in bits and pieces out of my various collections to see if anyone out there could be interested in what I had to offer.

One year later, and I'm still happily learning new gimmicks and finding more fun crap to share with you all. It's a blast! - - and a labor of love.

Yes, it's just another silly blog; perhaps the last thing the world really needs, but this blog has become chief among my many obsessions, and the response it gets continues to amaze me and warm my soul.

It's the getting from the giving, and the happy results stemming from the unexpected twists and turns it takes.

On this first of hopefully several anniversaries to come, please allow me to extend my sincere thanks to you all for your visits, thanks for your insightful comments and kind words, and thank you for sharing!

Cheers. Here's to what's ahead.

Okay - - back to it. So much essential ephemera and necessary nonsense to share, so little time...

* (thanks to my friend Topic for the title)

13 comments:

mrdantefontana said...

Congrats to you and your silly blog. We all have silly blogs. Silly blogs are the best!

kitsunecaligari said...

Happy Merry Day of Blog Birth Thing!

I've seen and heard some great stuff here - keep up the good work!

pete said...

Congratulations! As a recent discoverer of your blog, it's quickly become one of my favorties to peruse. So many fun shares you give to us, so thank you! I look forward to your future posts, and glad to hear you continue to enjoy doing it a year in.

Cheers!
Pete
NYC

swankola said...

Congratulations on making it to one year. Did you know that 90 percent of blogs fail in the first year (or is that restaurants?). I also celebrated my first year a few days ago. Thanks for making such consistently interesting posts so regularly. I especially look forward to my weekly hit of Reasons To Be Cheerful.

MrBaliHai said...

Glad you're still here!

Phillyradiogeek said...

I'm also a newcomer to this site (just found it a couple of days ago) and I'm already amazed by the great stuff here. I'll definitely be perusing the archives as much as I can as soon as I can.

In a move of shameless self-promotion, please check out my blog. I'll celebrate my six-month anniversary on April 30th.

Thanks!

Ravel said...

Silly Blog? No way! One of the best! Variety, intelligence, great memorabilia, unknown tunes (or forgotten ones, like putting some Miyoshi Umeki; I'm still in awe of this one)...
Congratulations for this 1st year, you are one af a kind.
Sincerely!

Johnny C said...

As one of your big fans... I say congrats! I'm always amazed at your finds the number of great posts. A happy blog day!

Percy Trout said...

Congrats! I'll hit 3 years sometime in August!

3 years??!!!!???!!!

Tucumcari Timmy said...

God love ya! HAPPY BIRSDAY... I try to check in twice daily. Keep up the open mind for years to come...

Skipper Bartlett said...

Happy anniversary ! I only wish I had your enthusiasm. All the best to you in the years to come.

Pink Frankenstein said...

Damn In Crowd

You make a wanna be blogger hang his head in shame. Not only do you celebrate a 1 year anniversary! (Happy Happy) but then you follow it up with some of the hard hittingest posts in blogsville!

Yowza Dad-D-O!

Rock on!

thombeau said...

Congrats! Keep up the amazing work!

We just had our 1 year anniversary last week!

Freshly-stirred links